Sunday, December 19, 2010

Welcome Visitors

Once again I have endured a lengthy solo flight while my husband has done his thing out west. He left on December 7th. He comes home tomorrow. Holy shit! I am so happy about that. I truly do not know how the spouses of service people do it. This was two weeks. They do it for months on end. Yikes.

As was the case last year, it has been quite an experience. My biggest weakness? Loneliness. I wouldn't mind the ability to tag out every once in a while either. Anyway, tonight was a great way to celebrate Mike's impending return. JP and Sam came over for dinner.

It was an all-out feast. I spent the entire day in the kitchen today, and it was totally worth every second... spaghetti and meatballs, salad and garlic bread. The best part though, was dessert. Red velvet cake is one of the very best things in the whole world. Clearly the faces say it all.


An evening of eating and laughing was fabulous and just what I needed. In the end we were all members of the Clean Plate Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment