Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 3 of 12

Of all the drinks that I tentatively planned for this beverage challenge, today's was the one I was looking forward to the most. You see, my favorite store-bought cookie of ALL time is the Oreo. Mmmmmm. What's not to love about an Oreo? Delicious crunchy chocolate cookie filled with sweet, creamy vanilla filling. Are you with me?

Today's drink, and perfect for Christmas Eve, was the Oreo Cookie Margarita.

Oreo Cookie Margarita

6 oz. tequila
4 oz. Godiva liqueur
8 oz. orange juice
3 oz. half and half
4 T. Hershey's syrup
Crushed Oreos

Rim the margarita glasses with water and dip in the crushed Oreos. Fill shaker with all ingredients, except the crushed Oreos, and shake. Pour into glasses filled with ice. Add a small amount of the crushed Oreos on top. Serves 4.



Upon first taste, I was quite disappointed. It didn't really taste like an Oreo at all. It almost tasted like one of those oranges covered in chocolate. I'm not that into oranges covered in chocolate, especially when I'm expecting that wonderful Oreo cookie taste. Again I decided to withhold my final decision until I had finished the drink.

I never did finish that drink. I couldn't. It didn't do a thing for me. We rated it a very unenthusiastic 3. We brought some down for Sierra and Cory to try. It got a 5 and 4 respectively. I am now looking forward to tomorrow night's drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment