Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 4 of 12

After yesterday's disappointing adventurous beverage, I was very much looking forward to a success story today. I realize that it is only 3:30 in the afternoon, but it's Christmas. Aren't you supposed to have a cocktail early on Christmas day? I mean really, what else is going on? Mike and I held out as long as we could, but once the shrimp cocktail was ready, we just had to give in. Today's beverage has quite the ominous name... Swinging from the Trees. Since it is Christmas, we decided to rename it Swinging from the Christmas Trees.

Swinging from the (Christmas) Trees

1-6 oz. can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
2 oz. rum
2 oz. vodka
2 oz. tequila

Fill blender 3/4 full with crushed iced and add the ingredients. Blend. Serves 6 to 8 (or 2 in our case)

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this drink from the very first sip. Perhaps it was because I was so relieved after yesterday's fiasco. It tastes a bit like a margarita, but with quite a bit more kick, if you know what I'm saying. It's called Swinging from the Trees for a reason for sure. BAM! It would be really easy to drink way too much of these way too fast (which would lead to brain freeze, thus reducing the pure pleasure of this beverage). Due to its frozen nature, I would not recommend it as a winter drink. I can totally picture myself enjoying this on the porch with Mike on a piping hot August evening though, so we will definitely dog-ear that page of the book. Mike rated it a 7.9, but only because he liked the Kentucky Blizzard better (which got an 8) and he's not a huge fan of margaritas. I give it a very solid 8.5, because I love margaritas and the thought of swinging from the trees sounds like fun right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment