Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Days Eight and Nine

Before I launch into my Drifunkmas report, I feel it necessary to tell you how happy I am to be warm and comfortable sitting on the couch.  I have a blanket covering my legs and a martini sitting in front of me.  No amateur night for this lady.

Last night's drink was chosen out of desperation, although I rather enjoyed it.  Number Eight:

Capital Punishment

1/2 oz. Jim Beam Bourbon
1/2 oz. Amaretto

I would not have anticipated ever seeing these two ingredients together, but I'm beginning to realize through this particular round of Drifunkmas, that you really never can tell how two liquors are going to mix.  I really enjoyed this shot.  The liquors mellowed each other completely, making it a smooth, quick blast of flavor.  Mike did not agree, but I must offer up a disclaimer.  Mike's nightly cocktail is what he calls a "No Fashion".  Mike's version of heaven, aside from me of course, is cherry juice and bitters topped with Jim Beam and a triple-cherry toothpick.  To him, it was too sweet.  Oh well.  You can't please everyone.

Tonight's drink was fun.  We decided to enjoy it down at 20 Main.  I probably should have planned out the shot, but I decided to fly by the seat of my pants.  Sierra joined us while we sipped a beer, perusing drinksmixer.com for the night's shot.  What we came up with was quite appropriate for the last day of the year...

No Regrets

1/2 oz. Jose Cuervo Gold
1/2 oz. Baileys

Now I know that I said that I wanted to move away from Baileys, but with the name of this shot and today's date, I really couldn't resist.  We all talk about and make New Year's resolutions as though we need to change.  Yes, change is good, but we should also recognize that the experiences that we had in 2013, both the good and the bad, help shape who we are.  For that we should have no regrets.  Enjoy, cheers, and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment