Monday, December 23, 2013

Drifunkmas 2013

I am truly ashamed at my lack of dedication as far as writing goes.  When I saw that my last post was published in December of 2012, I hung my head.  For shame!  OK, I'm over it.

It's here!  It's here!  Drifunkmas is here once again.  For those unfamiliar with the meaning of Drifunkmas, you only need to look back to other posts about this fine, yearly event.  I wasn't even sure that Drifunkmas would occur this year.  You see, Mike wasn't supposed to travel this December.  He was supposed to stay nice and cozy in our humble abode because he was going to be doing all of his travel during the warm-weather months.  This fell through, resulting in his being offered a replacement gig right before Christmas.  Luckily though, it was only for 9 days instead of 14.  In the end though, his absence at this time of year is brutal.  The benefit of his trip this year is the continued tradition of 12 different drinks over 12 days, accompanied by a renewed appreciation for each other's company.  I thought I'd change it up though.  This year we are doing shots.  That's right, shots.  12 shots in 12 days.  You dig?

Those who know my sense of humor and the story behind Drifunkmas should not be surprised to discover the name of the first shot...

Orgasm

1 oz. Baileys Irish Cream
1 oz. Amaretto liqueur
1 oz. Kahlua coffee liqueur

Just think of how much fun it is to look someone straight in the eye before you drink it and say, "I'm having an Orgasm!"  As a matter of fact, when I told Dale and Joe, the friendly proprietors of Adirondack Spirits right here in lovely Au Sable Forks, Dale quickly stated, "I want one of those!" to  which I replied, "Don't we all?"


                                        Mike and I enjoying!  So good to have him home!!!


                                                     Check out those "Nuts on Clark"!

Cheers, everyone!  It is officially Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment