Thursday, December 20, 2012

Is it Vacation Yet?

I am tired.  Very tired.  Although routine has been thrown COMPLETELY out the window in all three educational settings that I am privileged enough to work in, I have really tried to stay focused.  It has been an epic failure.  Oh well.

It's going to be a big weekend for the Tuller family (that would be my side, by the way).  My parents decided to hang in the timeshare that they own this week in Lake Placid, and we're all staying with them.  That could lead to trouble.  I'm getting ahead of myself though, because we had to enjoy tonight's drink before I could even think about prepping for tomorrow night's drink.

I don't know what I called it before, but right now I'm calling it the Generic Bailey's Pseudo Chocolate Vodka Martini.  Yep.  Deal with it.  So here's what I did...

I filled the shaker about half way with ice.  I poured a fourteen count of vodka and did the same with Merry's Irish Liquour.  Then I squirted a bunch of Hershey's Syrup in it.  I shook the heck out of it and divided it equally between two martini glasses.  It was good.  When we finished the first round, we made a second.  No lie.  Mike rates it an 8.1 (what kind of number is THAT?) and I give it a solid 9.  It was smooth.  It was familiar.  It was tasty.

It wasn't long after we had downed our second experience with Drifunkmas #5 that I had to shift my focus to drink #6...the halfway point.

Holiday Sangria

Simmer 2 bottles of Merlot, one cup of sugar, one tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg and 1/2 tsp. ground cloves for 10 minutes.  While cooling, add one sliced apple and three cinnamon sticks.  Let cool.



Once cool, add 1/2 bag cranberries, two sliced star fruits and two sliced tangerines.  Let sit for 24 hours.    Add one bottle of ginger ale.  Serve over ice with plenty of star fruit/cranberry garnish.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment