Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cherry Beer Margarita

As I had hoped, it was a tasty concoction.  
The Cherry Beer Margarita is equal parts (12 oz.) of Cherry 7-up, Frozen Limeade, Beer and Tequila.  


I decided to add a little color with a splash of cherry juice and garnished it with two cherries.  


This is an extremely easy drink to make and its ingredients aren't far out of reach.  Not like the Blue Curacao that I bought last year... anyone want to take bets on how long that will be in my pantry?  
This would be a fantastic summer drink, but I wouldn't turn it down in mid-January either.  Mike rated it an 8 and I give it an enthusiastic 8.5.  We had some visitors after the preliminary tasting who gave it a 7 and a 9.  

Tomorrow's drink definitely involves some cooking...

Hot Buttered Rum

1 oz. Dark Rum
1/2 c. boiling water
1 Tbsp. Buttered Rum Mix

Combine ingredients in glass mug and stir.  Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Buttered Rum Mix
2 c. brown sugar
2 sticks softened butter
2 c. melted vanilla ice cream
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg

Use a food processor to combine buttered rum mix ingredients.  This may be frozen if not using all of it immediately.

I have always wanted to try hot buttered rum, and am looking forward to it as an after dinner cocktail tomorrow night.  Cheers!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment