Sunday, December 23, 2012

Family Fun and More New Beverages

I just had the best weekend I have had in a long time, and I don't think that I've laughed that much and that hard either.  The last time we all stayed at the condo in Lake Placid, it was my brother, sister and I running around like lunatics.  It was so nice to see the tradition passed on to the next generation... I even got to see my nephew race out the sliding glass door in his underwear, roll in the snow and then dive in the jacuzzi.  Great fun indeed.

Our big, family Christmas dinner took place at Lisa G's.  We had a fabulous meal, and Lisa and her crew took great care of the eleven of us.  Before we hit the restaurant though, we indulged in the Drifunkmas drink of the night, Maple Crown Royal.  I'm going to continue to call it that even though the label clearly states "Crown Royal Maple".



We had many samplers and ratings for this one:

Dad  10
Mom  8
Scott  10
Kam  20 (she wouldn't stick to the rules)
Vicki  9.95
Mike  8.5
Lance 9.5

Lance had the best words of wisdom when he stated, "It would be good in a flask."  He's right.  Although the aroma of maple is right there, it isn't overwhelming in flavor.  It is the perfect blend of maple syrup with a punch without being sweet.  I will definitely buy this again.

I apologize for not providing a recipe in advance of tonight's drink, but it's been a bit busy.  The Bourbon Chocolate milkshake was pretty easy.

Per serving-
1 1/2 c. vanilla ice cream
2 oz. bourbon
2 oz. chocolate syrup
Whipped cream for garnish

Combine ice cream, bourbon and chocolate syrup and blend until smooth.  Pour in appropriate glass and top with whipped cream.

Now I have to apologize for not providing a picture of the finished product, but if you've seen a chocolate milkshake, you've seen this.

It was tasty.  Definitely would be served best as we had it, as a dessert drink.  Mike rated it a 7.5, and I give it an 8.  It is very sweet, but very good.  Tomorrow is Santa's Helper, and here's the recipe:

Santa's Helper

1 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Amaretto
3 oz. Cranberry Juice

Combine in a cocktail shaker with ice and strain into a martini glass.  Garnish with a gumdrop.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment