Monday, December 17, 2012

Days One and Two


I have some serious catching up to do.  I admit it.  Mike finally arrived after missing one connector flight and a sketchy drive up the Northway last night.  It was so good to see him.  Knowing full well that he would be completely exhausted, I served up The Tampopo as quickly as possible.  It was a very simple cocktail to make, but Mike and I decided that it would have benefitted from a little extra effort.  Mike gave it a 7.5 out of 10, whereas I gave it an 8.  We decided that some flare would have been a good addition.  Perhaps that apple slice garnish or even some fresh, finely grated ginger sprinkled on top.  It just needed something.


That brings us to tonight.  Day Two's drink, as stated previously, was the Red Rooster.  This was a slushy combination of orange juice concentrate, cranberry juice and vodka.  This was a very tart beverage, and one that made me regret not taking anything to prevent heartburn before trying it out.  Mike and I both rated it a 6, which is disappointing, because the recipe makes two quarts.  There is a way to fix it though...either add more vodka or water it down somehow.  It just seems as though the acidity of the orange juice concentrate took over the whole experience.


I have to say that I'm pretty psyched for tomorrow's drink, Cherry Beer Margarita.  This beverage looks vaguely similar to one that we have tried before, and it was good.  I'm feeling pretty positive about this one.  Here it is...

1 12 oz. can frozen limeade concentrate
12 oz. cherry flavored soda
12 oz. can/bottle beer
12 oz. tequila

Place all of the ingredients in a pitcher and stir gently.  Serve over ice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment