Monday, March 2, 2009

A Quieter Ladies Night

Tonight was the last Ladies' Night at the Hollywood Theatre for a few months. The theatre is Au Sable Forks' newest hot spot, and Sierra was nice enough to offer up a Ladies' Night on an evening when she could have been snuggling with her hubby on the couch. The rest of the ladies were unable to make it, and my husband had just come back from a week on the road, so it was a short night indeed. Other than having the opportunity to hang out and chat with a great friend, the highlight of my evening was meeting the owner of the blog "Along the Au Sable". I can't remember how I discovered that blog, but I've been hooked ever since. One of the last posts on "Along the Au Sable" was about a car trip with one of her cats to check out some of the other critters in their neighborhood. Included in the post was a picture of the author wearing a nice, striped hat. I was helping Sierra behind the counter at the theatre when there in front of me was the hat. Sorry, I didn't recognize the woman wearing the hat, just the hat itself. It took me a minute and then it dawned on me. Lo and behold! It was the "Along the Au Sable" blogger (and fellow lady of the Adirondacks) in the flesh. She seemed very excited about her next blog which will be, of course, about the Hollywood Theatre. I opted out of watching the movie and instead enjoyed a tasty beverage with Sierra in the lobby. I hope that my fellow blogger enjoyed the evening and will spread the word about this wonderful opportunity to spend an evening with other ladies of the Adirondacks!

2 comments:

  1. I loved Ladies Night at the Hollywood Theatre and am so glad I got to meet you and Sierra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great site Girls! I stumbled upon you via my twin sister at A Smattering of Laura.

    You sound like you all have a very special bond.

    ReplyDelete