Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gentleman of the Adirondacks

Although this blog was primarily created for the purpose of celebrating the friendship and adventures of Jenny, Lauren, Sierra and I, I would be remiss if I didn't celebrate some of my other friendships. I truly am a believer in the theory that the more friends you have, the longer you live. I am also a very social person. There are indeed many different types of friendships that people can have. You have your personal friendships, and then you have your professional/work friendships. They are two very different types of friendships, and it is very rare that a work friendship evolves into a personal friendship. I have decided to dedicate this post to one of those rare occurences. Meet my friend Matt...



Matt is the phys. ed. teacher at our school. He joined the team about four years ago, and I just can't imagine how boring this place would be (at least for me) without him. Like the younger brother I never had, Matt is just one of those guys who you can talk to about anything...and I mean anything. I think I've only made him blush a few times, but that was quite a while ago. In return, I think that Matt feels the same, and frequently bounces ideas, concerns, complaints, etc. off me. Matt recently took a leave of absence for a month to raft/kayak the Grand Canyon. It was during this time that I truly began to appreciate our friendship. Luckily he has returned, and I have my coffee and lunch partner back.

No comments:

Post a Comment