Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Breathing Again

Well, it's finally here. That time of year we wait all winter long for. That time when we shed all of those winter clothes and let the air actually touch more than our faces. Now don't get me wrong. I love winter and all the fun activities that go along with it, but there's nothing like that feeling you get when you get home from work, throw on a pair of shorts, mix yourself a cocktail, park your rear on the porch and just enjoy the fresh air! Of course it's not all about the cocktails. There are many things about this time of year that I'm extremely grateful for...not having to wear my head lamp when I run at 5:30 in the morning, hanging clothes on the line instead of running the dryer, being able to go for a bike ride, and having my son tell me he's going to go play in the dirt instead of watching tv. It almost feels as though my immediate world is coming alive again. Winter is a very hectic time in my house, and it's nice to feel as though life is slowing down a bit (of course it could also be that blood pressure medication that I went on too).

All of that being said, it's time for the ladies to spend some quality time together. It has been quite a while since the four of us have been together. I do see Jenny at school every day, and I did get to hang out with Sierra for an hour last night, but I haven't seen Lauren since Colorado! Way too long if you ask me. Perhaps we can work something out for this weekend. The Hollywood Theatre opens up again this weekend, so maybe Sierra will have a ladies' night. I'm sure we'll figure something out. We always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment