Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Skip the 4 Calling Birds

I must start out by expressing my delight about the fact that the 12 Days of Drifunkmas coincide with the final days of school before Christmas break. Working in an elementary school at this time of year is truly a mixed blessing. Watching those little faces as they take great care in describing what it is that they want brings an instant smile to my face, not to mention the teary eyes that I get watching the annual 2nd grade play. On the other hand the kids are completely out of control with excitement, which makes academics nearly impossible. It's exhausting.

That being said, a refreshing beverage is greatly appreciated after work. That leads me to tonight's drink (that I'm still enjoying).

Orange Bourbon Sour

3/4 c. Bourbon
2 c. Orange Juice
1/2 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. sugar

Combine all ingredients. Stir or shake until sugar is dissolved. Pour into glasses filled with ice. Serves 4.



This one is definitely a keeper. We had to run down to 20 Main to get some Christmas drink chips, so I made this up ahead of time. I figured it would give the sugar some time to dissolve and save me from stirring it for too long. This is the perfect beverage to mix up ahead of time to bring somewhere. I would recommend this as a beach drink due to the fact that it's tart and loaded with juice. Mike and I both liked it immediately. It was refreshing and delicious. We did adjust the recipe though, as it was a bit tart at first. Mike gave it an 8.5 and I gave it an 8 (bourbon is his liquor of choice). Give this one a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment