Sunday, December 25, 2011

Days 7 and 8

Let me start out by saying that at this very moment in time I'm completely stuffed. We have spent the last two days eating like there was no tomorrow. Mid-afternoon snacks have included baked brie en croute, shrimp cocktail and many other fat and calorie loaded snickety snacks. What does one need to go with such snacks? A cocktail of course. Day 7 brought the following tasty treat:

Calm Monkey

1 oz. vodka
1 oz. Kahlua
2 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream
4 oz. milk

Pour the voda and Kahlua into a glass filled with ice. Add the Bailey's, fill the glass with milk, stir and enjoy.



Yum!!! Yum!! Yum!! This baby was so good, we had seconds. It really reminded us of a Mudslide, although I haven't had one of those in so long that I can't remember exactly what's in it. I do know that Mudslides are smooth and delicious and so was the Calm Monkey. Mike gave this one an 8.75 and I gave it a very enthusiastic 9. This drink is nothing short of dangerous. I took one sip of this and just knew that one wouldn't be enough, although when I analyzed the alcohol content I thought twice. It didn't stop me though...o.k. maybe a little. Mike and I ended up splitting the second one. We both recommend this one highly, but make sure you don't have to talk to anyone of any extreme importance after you drink it. Whew!

Day 8 brought an equally enjoyable beverage. Mike gave me two shooter glasses for Christmas today, so of course I had to use them!

Bailey's Bitch

4 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream
1 oz. vodka
1/4 banana
1/2-1 oz. whipped cream

Blend Bailey's and banana until smooth. Stir in vodka. Pour into shooter glass and top with whipped cream.



We didn't have any whipped cream, so we went without it. It was delicious! Mike rated this an 8, but only after careful contemplation. He agreed it was very, very good, but that it was a shot and not a drink. The brief encounter with the taste of this drink is somewhat disappointing. It's good enough that you want to take some time to enjoy it. I also rate it an 8 for the same reason. If I have to go through the effort to get the blender out, I want to be able to enjoy the taste of it for more than two seconds.

I realize that the ingredients for these two drinks were very similar, but they were very different drinks. We're going to move away from the Bailey's/Vodka/Kahlua combination to something different. Hmmmm... wonder what it will be....

No comments:

Post a Comment