Tuesday, December 20, 2011

On the 3rd Day of Drifunkmas My True Love Gave to Me...

...a B-53! I'm getting ahead of myself though. Now that my energy level has returned to its normal turbo-boost state, I really should share the adventures of the 2nd day. I'm a day late, but I am NOT a drink short. Day 2 brought the following refreshing beverage:

Bacardi Cocktail



3/4 oz. light rum
1 oz. lime juice
1/2 tsp. sugar syrup
1 dash Granadine

Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Shake and pour over ice.

This was not the intended drink for the day, but sometimes you just have to fly by the seat of your pants. Simply stated, it was what we had in the house for mixers. This definitely was not a drink that would be considered memorable at all. It's not that it was bad, it was just too typical. It was a little too sour for my taste too. I added more Grenadine twice. I highly recommend more than just a "dash" of Grenadine. Mike and I both rated it a 5 out of 10. I don't have much more to add about this one. It was that boring, and the 3rd day's drink was soooooo much better.

The B-53 Shooter

2/3 oz. Kahlua
2/3 oz. Bailey's
2/3 oz. Vodka

Pour one at a time in that order over a spoon in a shooter glass.



Since we don't own any shooter glasses, I thought this might look pretty good in a martini glass. I took my sweet time pouring those fine liquids over the spoon to create the triple-layered yumminess and it really paid off. They were gorgeous! Mike quickly asked, "So we drink this all at once?" It really was impressive in size. We toasted to the 3rd day of Drifunkmas and pounded those bad boys. Mike gave this one a 7.5. I rated it an 8.5 because I love Kahlua... and Bailey's... and vodka. Three great tastes that taste great together. I definitely recommend this as a fun, "quick one" that will leave a fabulous taste in your mouth without any amount of burn.

Tomorrow brings the Orange Bourbon Sour. I can't wait! It serves 4. Anyone in?

No comments:

Post a Comment