Sunday, December 14, 2014

Drifunkmas 2014

It's hard to believe that it is that time, once again, when I get to celebrate one of my favorite events.  I usually end my Drifunkmas posts with a shout out to Carol Baker, but this year I'll begin with one.  Carol was the one who came up with the idea of trying 12 different drinks in 12 days to celebrate the holidays and the return of my traveling husband.  Times have changed though, and my husband did not have to leave for two weeks right before Christmas.  Drifunkmas has not changed though.  12 drinks.  12 days.

Thanks to Pinterest, searching for new and exciting beverages has gotten pretty easy, although sometimes I find myself lured in by an enticing picture only to have my hopes dashed when I see the extensive list of ingredients.  Speaking of long lists of ingredients, tonight's drink had a lot of them.  Luckily for me, I just so happen to have all of the liquors (we have a well-stocked and diverse liquor supply).


Walk Me Down Sweet Jesus

1/2 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. rum
1/2 oz. tequila
1/2 oz. gin
1/2 oz. blue curaçao
1/2 oz. triple sec
1 oz. sweet and sour mix
4 oz. sprite

This is a sweet, refreshing drink, but the name says it all.  Looking at the ingredients, it is very  similar to a Long Island Iced Tea.  The only two differences are sweet/sour mix and blue curaçao instead of coke and lemon juice.  This has more of a Kool Aid thing going on.   Not being a huge fan of sweet drinks, I give this one a 7, as does Mike.  Again, it was good, but a little sweet for our taste.  I highly recommend having a salty snack with it to offset the sweetness.  We had it with some nachos and pulled pork sliders while enjoying a football game with the dogs at our feet.  That worked pretty well for us.  Happy Drifunkmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment