Thursday, January 19, 2012

I am THAT driver.

I do not, and will never, deny the fact that I am a very paranoid driver and passenger when road conditions are questionable. Combine that with a daily commute from Au Sable Forks to Lake Placid, and you have a sad situation. Add the fact that I was a passenger in the car that did this...


...and you have a person that often needs to ride shotgun with her eyes closed if the roads are bad.

The last few days of driving have been quite challenging for me. Last Friday we had slush dropping from the sky most of the day followed by flash freezing. Tuesday was rain, sleet and freezing rain, and Wednesday morning was the day of widespread black ice according to NCPR. No problem. I'll just drive slowly. That's the safest way to drive, right? It took me one hour and 15 minutes to get home from Lake Placid on Friday, and I'm not embarrassed by that in the least. I figure that for every driver behind me that was swearing at me there was one that was singing my praises for driving at such a safe speed.

What's my problem? It's the brainless twits who think that they're invincible and feel the need to ride my ass! Here's my message to those folks... BACK OFF! Put on some good tunes, sit back and enjoy the ride. I'll see you at the stop light near Robo because chances are, you're going to get stuck behind some other person who is as paranoid as I am.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. I am also THAT driver. When speed demons ride my ass in the snow, I just throw on my flashers and shift over just a little so they can zoom by. Usually followed by an, "I hope nothing bad happens to you." Thank you for driving safely, and for making a relatable post. Also, sorry about your accident. I hope you made a great recovery. ❤️

    ReplyDelete