Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goal Mastered Yet Again

Let me start out with a big HAPPY NEW YEAR! Last night was a very calm, enjoyable one for us. I'm getting ahead of myself though....

Drifunkmas 2011 came to a close on December 29th. We tested 12 different drinks over 12 days. I have to give a big shout out to my good friend Carol. She was the one who challenged me with this glorious task last year. I miss Carol. She fell victim to budget cuts at our school last year and her daily wit and perspective is greatly missed. Mike and I will continue to celebrate Drifunkmas yearly in her honor. Arrrrrrrrh!!
Carol recognizes the importance of Drifunkmas and made a donation of Goldschlager and Three Olives Triple Shot Espresso Vodka for one of the nights. We decided to save it for night #12. Carol is a huge Packers fan, whereas the Kirchner household just loves the Steelers. Do you see where I'm going here? Packers? Steelers? Superbowl? To make matters even more interesting, Carol's family decided that she needed to own stock in the Green Bay Packers. That's what she got for Christmas! Since the Steelers don't sell stock in the team, we decided drinking was the best we could do in support of our team.

Black and Gold Martini

2 oz. Three Olives Triple Shot Espresso Vodka
1/2 oz. Goldschlager

Add to shaker filled with ice. Shake and pour into martini glasses.


I must admit that we totally made this one up. Upon first taste, I was quite pleased with the flavor. Mike appeared to be as well, although he said that less Goldschlager would have been better. After a few sips it started to get a little syrupy. Towards the end it was a downright challenge to finish it. This definitely should have been a shot. As I said, upon first taste I was pleased with the flavor. It definitely would have been beneficial to enjoy a quick, spicy taste of this rather than a slow, syrupy one. We decided that each of the liquors would be better without any additives. Mike struggled to finish his and only rated it a 4. I gave it a 6, but as a shot I would probably give it an 8.

With the 12 Days of Drifunkmas over, it was time to return to our tried and true drinks. Mike with his "No Fashion" and me with my slightly dirty vodka martini.



















That brings us to New Year's Eve. We were fortunate enough to be invited to Dave and Jean's for dinner with the crew from Big Boss Sausage for macaroni and cheese and chili. We just love going to Dave and Jean's. They are totally set up for entertaining, and they have a great knack for making people feel right at home. As usual, there was a ton of food and a roaring campfire. It was extremely relaxing and fun, but we ate wayyyyy too much!











It certainly looks as though my Individualized Entertainment Plan continues to be working for me. I don't think that there is any need to increase my level of services at this time. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment