Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Beverages and More Ladies

As I look back on my evening last night, I can't help but smile. Ri was invited to spend the night at his cousin's house, which meant that Mike and I could actually go out and celebrate the New Year for the first time since the little bugger entered our lives. Although there are so many choices when it comes to celebrating the New Year, we had no doubts about where we were headed. Eat. Sleep. Funk! was scheduled to play down at 20 Main, which is conveniently located a few miles from the house. Trust me, there isn't much that is only a few miles from our house. It's the price you pay for living in the middle of nowhere.

Even before we knew that Ri was headed to his cousin's, I was brainstorming a way to get Mike and I down there for a little fun. The brainstorming proved unnecessary, and luck was on our side. We really hadn't considered making plans with anyone, but I decided to give Sierra and Lauren a heads up that we'd be at 20 and would love to see them. As it turned out they and their husbands made it. It has been far too long since we've had the opportunity to do that and it felt fabulous.

Those weren't all The Ladies that we saw though. It was relatively early in the evening when I just happened to glance in the direction of the door. Rhonda and Dave (Dave is not one of The Ladies, of course) walked in with a whole slew of people! What a welcome surprise that was! Apparently they had just enjoyed a movie at the Hollywood Theatre and decided to stop in for a drink. One drink led to another and so forth, and they ended up rocking in the New Year with the rest of us!


To top off the celebration, I was surprised to see my friend and coworker Caroline there as well. She made the long haul from Rainbow Lake for the festivities. I could kick myself for not catching a picture of her. I must not have been thinking at the time. Shocker.

More often than not on a Saturday night you'll see BJ behind the bar. She owns the place. Tough job. I wouldn't want it.

I think I'm through reminiscing about last night's adventures and should move on to this evening. Mike and I needed to head to my sister's to pick Ri up today. We decided it would be really silly not to share today's beverage with them. The name of this one really required sharing with others....

A Big Pink Dink

1 oz. coconut rum
1 oz. grenadine
6 oz. milk

Pour rum over ice, fill with milk. Add grenadine to add a nice pink color.



It's hard not to chuckle while discussing this drink. The recipe did not call for shaking it, but we decided we had to (tee hee). Kam even made up some pink sugar to rim the glasses. We all had a little fun with A Big Pink Dink (sorry, I can't help myself).




































The ratings for this drink varied quite a bit. Lance gave it a very unenthusiastic 4, while Kam and Mike both gave it a 7. I thought it was fabulous and feel comfortable giving it an 8. Mike suggested that it would be much better if it was a blender drink. I think I would like it either way. I do recommend trying this one, if only for the fact that you can say that you have had the chance to try A Big Pink Dink.

No comments:

Post a Comment