Sunday, July 19, 2009

Stage 2

Stage 2 of the Beer Run Trifecta went off without a hitch. There were seven of us in all, ranging in age from 32 (I think that's how old Jason is) to 70. A nice spread, if you ask me.



The nice thing about this whole beer run thing, is that people don't HAVE to run. It's whatever you're comfortable with. There were those of us who walked, those who did the walk-run, and those that ran. It really doesn't matter. All that matters is making it to the finish point, which was, for this stage, The Old Dockhouse.

So when I talked to my mother about this route, she said there were some slight, gentle uphills. She walks this route all the time, so I figured she'd know. Well, let me tell you, the hills may be "slight", but when you're trying to run up them, it's like running up Pike's Peak or something. Here's a picture of me after running up the hill past the Governor's "farm". Just a tad worn out at that point. All in all though, it was a good workout that certainly ended well. Well...if you ignore the fact that our support crew was not where they were supposed to be. You see they had all of our wallets, so Jason and I reach The Old Dockhouse, and they're not there. They're at my parents. We were a little annoyed, to say the least.

We got over it pretty quickly, though, and I think the support crew truly understands their duties for Stage 3.





We were certainly a rowdy bunch after a few drinks, even volunteering to pose for the camera...


I have to say that these runs are a blast. Well, maybe not necessarily the running part, but as a package, definitely fun! The final stage of the Beer Run will take place in August, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment