Sunday, June 7, 2009

Busy Weekend...continued


It is currently 7:05 on Sunday evening. I have officially survived. I think when I left off the last time, I was about to take a nap in order to re-energize myself to do it all over again. Unfortunately I did not sleep very well during the day, and was dead tired when I headed off to wrestle with the farm animals again. I must have gotten my fifth or sixth wind by then, because I finished my chores in record time. Either that or the animals could sense my fatigue and were extremely cooperative.

I headed home, showered quickly, and we hit the road yet again. We decided that we needed dinner, so we stopped at the Hometown Deli for a 30 pack of beer and some ice cream. Not the most nutritious dinner, I know, but it was necessary at the time.

We got to The Old Dock house with time to spare, and actually got to relax and hang out for a few minutes. It was during that time that Sierra showed up. A complete surprise, because we weren't expecting her. I'm not at liberty to discuss why she wasn't able to join us on Friday night, but she had an acceptable excuse.



Sierra couldn't stay long, because she drove the motorcycle down and didn't want to drive after dark. Soon after her departure, the rest of the crew arrived. Lauren showed up with Bob and Pam, Jenny and Jason arrived right after them, and last but not least were my parents and their friends Bill and Do.








It really was quite a fun evening! Lauren was the designated driver for Bob and Pam, so they relaxed quite a bit, if you know what I mean. My parents even got a few dances in. Laughs were in abundance, for sure.

After we broke down and packed everything up, Davey, Scott, Mike and I headed to camp for the night. Needless to say, snacks were vital at that point!



After we had celebrated the end of an active and successful weekend for a bit, it was time to turn in. That was the last I remember until Davey popped his head in to say he was taking off. Mike and I packed up our stuff to get a greasy breakfast and head to my sister's to pick up Ri.



Once home and with full bellies, it was truly nap time. BAM! I was out for a good 4 hours. Mike woke me up in time to head to Hollywood Theatre for a matinee. Mmmmm...nothing like hot popcorn after a very long nap.

After that, it was time to head back to the farm for one last shift. All went smoothly. I am now showered and not obligated to do anything other than go to bed again. What an incredible weekend. Thanks to all who participated!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to comment on the reason I couldn't make it on Friday. Ladies, take note! In the ever frustrating job of cootch hair removal I decided to wax myself. It wasn't going well and as I had purchased Nair to clean up any "strays" after said waxing I decided to just go with that. Bad idea. Apparently when you wax your skin may become irritated. When you then proceed to put a chemical on the sensitive area it causes a VERY painful chemical burn. I could barely walk on Friday. Yes, I'm an asshole, but I have learned my lesson and hopefully everyone else will take my experience as a warning. Fortunately, my cootch is mostly healed but my intelligence self-esteem may never recover.

    Sierra

    ReplyDelete